£22000 - £25000
Is this you:
Do you have experience monitoring and analysing data?
Consider the role of a Data Quality Executive with Reed in Partnership.
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What the job is about:
The National Citizen Service Data Quality Executive is the key data quality link between the three Reed in Partnership NCS contracts, ensuring data accuracy and data quality.
The core responsibility of the Data Quality Executive will be to manage the data quality audit requirements and to ensure that they are monitored, managed and submitted within the given timeframes.
The Data Quality Executive will also provide support to the NCS Teams with regular reporting to highlight trends, issues and training needs in terms of data accuracy and data quality within our central teams and wider through our Delivery Providers.
Data Quality Executives are responsible for the monitoring and analysis of data to ensure that the quality of the data being inputted onto Salesforce supports the delivery and performance of the NCS Contract.
- Manages the data quality audit returns required by the NCS Trust – through regular monitoring throughout the year, liaising with DP’s to rectify issues and finalising data submissions:
- Checking and Monitoring Payments and bursary discounts recorded on Salesforce
- Quality assurance of Medical Forms
- Checking and Monitoring exception cases relating to age eligibility and SEND
- Verification of Turn-Ups and Completions on Programme
- Highlights trends and issues in data quality through regular reporting
- Daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal reporting to support the performance management of the supply chain in terms of data accuracy and quality
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with CRM systems and databases
- Experience of data analysis
- Experience producing high quality written briefings, reports, minutes etc. that are clear, accurate and concise.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience with and a working knowledge salesforce CRM System
- Experience of working on NCS/other youth interventions or a strong understanding of the challenges young people within NCS target group
- Objective and impartial, able to make decisions based on facts and evidence, whilst not being influenced by other judgements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of external and internal customers.
- Excellent IT and administrative skills (MS Word and PowerPoint).
- Willing to work flexible hours and ability travel to rural locations within the specified NCS delivery regions on a regular basis.
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.