£30000 - £35000
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
About the Role
The Contract Manager reports to the Head of Contracts and Procurement Management and provides essential support to Operations Management, Heads of Support Teams and to the Finance Director in contracting for other purchased services. The Contracts Manager role will require the individual to support Operations by supporting the production of all contractual documentation relating to mobilisation, contract management and close down of suppliers in the supply chain network.
Key to the role is an ability to understand complex and varying contractual relationships with supply chain partners and subcontractors and ensure that these are accurately reflected in all contractual documents.
The role will require a capability to produce contracts that fully reflect the passing down of commercial and financial risk to supply chain partners. Interest in ensuring accuracy in contractual documentation and an attention to detail are essential for this role. The Contracts Manager role will be office based and will involve excellent coordination, liaison and communication with the wider Operational Management team who will be out meeting and negotiating with partners and subcontractors.
The role will produce and coordinate signatures for heads of agreements. In addition, the role will also be responsible for producing back to back contracts which flow down to supply chain partners and ensuring that as the delivery moves into business as usual, that any necessary variations and amendments are undertaken and a speedy response is provided to notifications of breaches, or request for terminations.
The role is part of the Contracts Management team which acts as a gate keeper for all contracts and drives the process of contract production, administration and finalisation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous exposure to reviewing and drafting legal agreements.
- Experience of working in a proactive and reactive manner to respond to urgent contract change requests whilst continuously focussing on improvement.
- Strong organisation skills in order to facilitate the coordination and administration of multiple agreements and contacts across a supply chain.
- Sectoral experience must have been gained within a fast-paced service focussed, client or account management, target driven business environment. Examples of this may include Sales, Procurement, Contract Management, Agency Recruitment, Training, Account Management or any other B2B Sales/Customer Management environment.
- Experience of conducting face to face meetings with a variety of organisational levels both internally and externally and across business and organisational types at various stages of the lifecycle.
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; law, management, business studies, finance, economics, psychology, sociology or jurisprudence.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria