£27000 - £32000
Fixed Term Contract
Do you want to join a company that makes a positive impact on people and their communities?
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Over the next few months Reed in Partnership will potentially be looking to recruit an Auditor to support existing contract expansions. We will be contacting candidates that have expressed interest in this role as soon as a vacancy is confirmed. Please note this role could be a Fixed Term Contract or a Permanent position.
What the role is about:
The role will assist on the implementation, development and integration of an audit function across the business’ portfolio of government and public-sector contracts. Integral to this will be the development and implementation an audit framework that supports the business and ensures processes, policies, legislative requirements and procedures are in place, are followed and can be evidenced. Day-to-day duties will involve the management of an audit framework, periodic review of practice, conducting investigations into malpractice (where strictly necessary) and contributing collaboratively with projects to rectify business practice and control deficiencies identified during business reviews.
- To provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting service designed to add value and improve the operation of the business.
- Build relationships with colleagues and other departments to ensure they have a clear line of sight around accountability.
- Identify areas of business improvement need, by analysing statistical data around audit and risk.
- Foster relationships with operational teams to create a transfer of ownership and accountability of contractual requirements and the controls needed to ensure areas of responsibility are clear.
- Apply time management and prioritisation so that an audit schedule and associated activity can be monitored, reported on and be effectively measured.
- Assist with audit meetings to ensure the business is informed fully of strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Exposure to and understanding of contractual requirements within provision/services commissioned by government bodies
- Experience of working within a monitoring, continuous improvement, internal audit, contract management, compliance or comparable function.
- Experience of providing a high-quality advisory and guidance service to internal customers
- Demonstrable experience of management of multiple (in tandem) projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel; and intermediate knowledge of other Office packages
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Exposure and understanding of contractual requirements of at least DWP or ESFA provision e.g. evidence performance, validation requirements etc.
- Experience of IT systems design and implementation
- Exposure to compliance, audit, or quality functions with high profile Government contracts.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria