£30000 - £33000
Is this you?
Do you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team? Great people management skills and a passion for driving performance?
Consider the role of a Business Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Better Working Futures Contract.
Better Working Futures is Reed in Partnership’s name for the Work and Health Programme. The service gives people who face additional barriers to finding work the best support available.It is part of a wider package of support for disabled people announced by the government and aims to bring jobseekers, support provision and employers together to provide greater opportunities for those looking for work.
What the job is about:
Working on one of our employability contracts, you will get to see a real, tangible difference in the participants on the programme.
Your daily responsibilities would include:
• Leading and motivating a team of advisors and trainers
• Implementing strategies aimed at upskilling your local community members and overcoming barriers to employment
• Performance management, identifying skills gaps, mentoring and coaching staff
• Adherence to Key performance indicators
• Maintaining productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Managing Profit and Loss reports and monthly financial forecasting
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have the freedom to run your branch independently, access our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience in sales management and delivery output
• Track record of working and achieving targets (at least 1 year experience)
• Experience in people management including training and coaching
• Strong administration and IT skills
• Assertiveness, Resilience and good Decision making skills
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Interest in people and willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of welfare/benefits system.
• Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to welfare to work.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria