£23000 - £26000
Fixed Term Contract
Is this you?
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a Learning and Development role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Consider the role of an Employment and Skills Trainer at Reed in Partnership!
Salary: £24,300 per annum plus £2700 bonus
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Over the next few months Reed in Partnership will potentially be looking to recruit Employment and Skills trainers to support existing contract expansions. We will be contacting candidates that have expressed interest in this role as soon as a vacancy is confirmed. Please note this role could be a Fixed Term Contract or a Permanent position.
What the job is about:
The main purpose of an Employment & Skills Trainer is to improve the opportunities of adult jobseekers by coaching, training and upskilling them to achieve their career goals.
Your day-to-day responsibilities would include:
• Preparing and delivering training,
• Assessing and evaluating results and providing performance feedback
• Maintaining a professional training environment classroom management
• Promoting courses to internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience:
• Recognised Teaching qualification such as PTTLS or PGCE
• Ability to work to strict targets and with people from various backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Experience of working in the welfare-to-work or any other similar relevant sector
• Background in preparing and delivering training courses
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
• Ability to empathise with our members and motivate them
• Passion for delivering excellent job and making long-term positive changes for our members
• Resilience, creativity and adaptability
• Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to deliver training/courses/meet Learners/Employers).
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria