£25000 - £30000
GB United Kingdom
Assistant Financial Accountant
The Assistant Financial Accountant role is primarily responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant with the preparation of periodic analysis and general ledger entries to support the production of Reed in Partnership and Reed Wellbeing Limited’s accounts ensuring that the companies are able to satisfy their statutory reporting obligations in an accurate and timely manner.
The role includes the responsibility for the review, control and accounting for Reed in Partnership and Reed Wellbeing’s intercompany transactions.
The role will also provide support to the Financial Accountant by preparing accounting entries including, but not limited to, prepayments, fixed assets and accruals.
A key aspect of this role will be to co-ordinate the periodic compilation and review of Reed in Partnership’s and Reed Momenta’s balance sheet, producing reconciliations assigned to the role and diligently maintaining periodic files including chasing up colleagues on missing reconciliations ahead of senior management review.
The role will support the Financial Accountant with the production of daily and periodic financial control focused MI including information on cash flow, expenses policy violations, PO policy adherence and other ad-hoc MI as required.
The role will assist with the design, implementation and monitoring of the Companies’ control environment ensuring that finance processes remain appropriate, relevant and necessary in the context of the companies’ identified finance and business risks as well as any changes to the companies operating activities.
The Assistant Financial Accountant will assist the Financial Accountant and the Head of Financial Accounting in ensuring that the Companies remain compliant with their stated policies, including, where applicable, carrying out reviews of key financial processes.
The role will provide support to the Head of Financial Accounting and Financial Accountant to ensure that the Companies remain compliant with all its financial reporting and taxation obligations including the production of Payment Practices Report, quarterly VAT returns, and PSA workings and submissions and Senior Accounting Officer obligations.
The Assistant Financial Accountant will provide support to the annual accounts preparation and annual audit process, including preparing the necessary audit schedules, liaising with the auditors and responding to queries in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Demonstrable experience in a busy multi-site finance environment
- Good accounting systems knowledge, gained through in-depth exposure to systems such as Oracle, SAP, CODA
- Exposure to intercompany accounting
- Experience of reconciling general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Good Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build robust working relationships with co-members in and outside of the Finance environment
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and a number of tasks concurrently
- The ability to grasp complex processes quickly
- Proactive team player, with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of fixed asset accounting and depreciation
- Ability to understand and produce complex reconciliations
- Experience of business electronic banking and production of bank and cash reconciliations
- Experience of sales ledger invoicing and cash allocation